Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cool Blinds

Wow, I've seen a similar concept before, using blinds on a blank wall to give the illusion of a window such as this. Which is of course really cool in and of itself. Especially in those random dark areas of the mouse house.

But today I just saw mini blinds that actually have solar panels on the outside! That way they soak up the sun all day and give you a soft light at night. Pretty cool!





via Inhabitat
I bet it would work best on a window up high, or one that people can't really look into since you essentially have the thing open a lot of the time. I think it could be cool on a sky light, or maybe around a porch. Perhaps re-invented to look less traditional generic office mini-blinds. Wouldn't that be beautiful if they looked more like a bamboo curtain, and you had them around a porch!

I imagine sitting outside, drinking mojitos or michaladas, enjoying the summer breeze with a soft light to read by. Something about it reminds me of firefly light or moonlight, reflected sunlight. Pretty.

PS Enjoy the full moon. It was so bright last night!

No comments:

 
free hit counter